Register as a student
We are delighted that you want to register as an ADIT student. Designed by world-leading experts, this international tax credential is an academically rigorous, intellectually challenging qualification that you should find highly rewarding – both professionally and personally.
Please note: we are not processing any student registration fee payments from Russia or Belarus, or facilitating any ADIT student registrations in Russia or Belarus, at the present time due to Russia's invasion of Ukraine.
Before you get started...
What you need to know
- The registration form will take around 10 minutes to complete; you can download our step-by-step guide
- You will be asked to provide personal information including your contact details and your qualification history
- You must pay the student registration fee to complete your application, except if you choose to have your employer invoiced
- The minimum age to register as an ADIT student is 18
- You cannot enter to sit exams before your application has been processed
- It may take up to 10 business days for your application to be processed by our Education Team
- If you register as a student fewer than 10 business days before an exam entry deadline, you will not be permitted to enter for that exam session
We accept the following:
You can also choose to have your employer invoiced for student registration and exam entry fees.
If you cannot pay using any of these options (for example, if you cannot pay via credit/debit card or employer invoice), you will need to email us and request an alternative method.
If you choose to have your employer invoiced, an invoice will be issued using the employer details which you provide in the form.
Employer invoicing for ADIT student registrations can take a number of weeks at peak periods. If your employer has not yet received the invoice, this will not affect your ADIT student status or exam eligibility.
The invoice must be paid within 30 days of receipt. Most employers make the payment by bank transfer. Failure to pay the invoice in a timely manner may result in your application being rejected or placed on hold.
It is not possible to pay an invoice online once you have made an application. If you have a query relating to employer invoicing, please email our Finance Team.