How to Register as a Student
We are delighted that you are interested in becoming a CTA student. Here you can find detailed guidance on how to register, as well as information on fees and deadlines.
Before you get started...
What you need to know
- The registration form will take around 10 minutes to complete
- You will be asked to provide personal information including your contact details and your qualification history
- You must pay the registration fee to complete your application, except if you choose to have your employer invoiced
- You must be a registered student at least four months before you can sit your first tax exam
- It may take up to ten business days for your application to be processed by our Education Team
- ATT transfer to CIOT: If you are registered onto the ATT qualification, you may apply to transfer the unexpired period of your first three years’ registration to the CIOT, without charge. Find out more on the ATT transfer page
- Re-registering: If you are an existing student and need to re-register, you can find out more on the re-registering as a student page
We accept the following:
Alternatively you can choose to have your employer invoiced for student registration and exam entry fees.
If you choose to have your employer invoiced, an invoice will be issued using the employer details which you provide in the form.
The invoice must be paid upon receipt. Most employers make the payment by bank transfer. Failure to pay the invoice in a timely manner may result in your application being rejected or placed on hold.
It is not possible to pay an invoice online once you have made an application. If you have a query relating to employer invoicing, please email our Finance Team.