Here you can find news on the latest ADIT International Tax Webinars.
Our next webinar is:
Permanent Establishments: Present and Future
with Jonathan Schwarz
Date: Thursday 9 September
Time: 15.30 BST
Duration: 1 hour
Price: £20 (free for International Tax Affiliates)
Permanent establishments (PEs) form a cornerstone of cross-border taxation. Despite their importance, there is still considerable uncertainty about the meaning and application of PE. Traditional concepts of PE have also come under pressure in the digital age, and in the post-Covid environment.
Our speaker, Jonathan Schwarz, will draw on his extensive experience in determining the international tax implications of corporate structures including PEs across a wide range of situations.
Jonathan will outline current understandings of PE and explore the likely PE consequences of a range of topics including:
- Recent judicial decisions on the meaning of PE
- Attribution of profits – what are the rules?
- Covid-19 and other accidental PEs
- Taxing PEs, relief from double taxation and the global minimum tax
- Digital presence and PEs – OECD and UN solutions
You can also submit questions for a live Q&A!
Book your place by Wednesday 8 September, 23.59 BST.