Updates from HMRC re imports/exports
Please see below various updates from HMRC in respect of import/export issues:
NI Protocol goods with ‘at risk’ status – CHIEF manual overrides guidance
Due to the current temporary use of CHIEF for imports to NI, the pages below have been updated with the guidance on how to use manual override functionality in CHIEF to declare the EU tariff for goods “at risk” that are imported from RoW>NI.
SME Brexit fund for training or professional advice
The government has made £20 million available through the current SME Brexit Support Fund. Provided you meet certain eligibility criteria, HMRC may provide funding towards the costs of training and/or professional advice, to help you with changes to trade rules with the EU. Traders can apply for up to £2,000 in total through two types of grants:
1. Grant for Training: The grants can be used to provide training on the following:
- How to complete customs declarations
- How to manage customs processes and use customs software and systems
- Specific import and export related aspects including VAT, excise and rules of origin
2. Grant for Professional Advice: The grant can be used to get professional advice, so your business can meet its customs, excise, import VAT or safety and security declaration requirements.
Please visit grants available to find out more about each grant to find out which grants you can apply for.