Contact the Technical Team

26 Apr 2021

Getting tax advice

We do not have the resources to provide a technical advisory service. Further, providing free advice would place us in unfair competition with our members in business.

If you have a specific tax query then you can search for a Chartered Tax Adviser using this tool. You can search by specialism and/ or location.

You might also be able to get help from:

  • The tax charity TaxAid - if you are on a low income; or
  • Tax Help for Older People - if you are aged 60 or over and your household income is less than £20,000 a year.

Contact us

We can only take on those queries which bring to light anomalies in, or problems with, tax law or administration.

Our policy on providing replies to technical queries can be found here.

If you have something that falls within those criteria, you can contact us.

Please provide your name, contact email address and phone number, your membership number, and the details of your query / comments.