If you are registered onto the ATT qualification, you may apply to transfer the unexpired period of your first three years’ registration to the CIOT, without charge.
For example, if you registered as an ATT student in July 2019, your CIOT student registration would be valid until July 2022.
If you have time remaining, log into your account and click on the Transfer link on your Dashboard.
If you do not have time remaining, log into your account and register as a new CIOT student by clicking on the Education link in the top menu of your Dashboard.
- Not ATT Qualified: If you have not completed all the exams with the ATT (e.g. the CBEs) and wish to proceed to transfer to the CIOT, your ATT registration will be expired and you will not be able to become ATT qualified (even if you then pass the CBEs under the CTA qualification*). If you wish to become ATT qualified first, please complete your remaining exams with the ATT and then apply to transfer to the CIOT.
*However, because of COVID-19, if you have passed all your ATT exams except for one or more CBEs, and would like to become ATT qualified upon completing those outstanding CBEs with the CIOT, please continue with the transfer application and then email us at education [at] ciot.org.uk (subject: ATT%20Transfer%20to%20CTA%20-%20Not%20Passed%20All%20CBEs) to let us know.
- Deadline: When you transfer you do not have to wait four months to sit an exam, as per the requirements upon new registration.
- CBEs: Any passes in the CBEs will automatically be transferred on completion of your transfer/registration, without charge. They will be valid for nine sittings from when you passed them with the ATT.
- Forthcoming Session: If you have time remaining but it does not cover the exam dates of the forthcoming exam session you will have to register as a new student.
- Entered Exam and/or Awaiting Result: If you have entered for an ATT exam or awaiting a result from the previous session, you cannot transfer until after results are released for that session.