It is anticipated that candidates will typically complete the Apprenticeship in 36 months but this may vary due to prior qualifications and relevant work experience.
Apprentice registers for the programme with the employer.
The on-programme assessment will enable the apprentice to develop the knowledge, skills and behaviours set out in the standard and prepares the apprentice to attempt the end-point assessment. If needed, the Apprentice achieves Mathematics and English Level 2 and then completes the on-programme assessment as agreed with the employer. The on-programme assessment includes the following:
- examinations/assessments which will be set and marked by the Professional Body
- work based professional development which will enable the apprentice to meet the requirements of the Professional Body and contribute to their eventual eligibility for membership
- employer provided learning and development
- on the job experience
- evidence from regular internal 6-month performance appraisals.
The employer decides the apprentice is ready for the end-point assessment and notifies the Professional Body.
End Point Assessment (EPA)
All conducted within the EPA phase.
- Synoptic Case Study, and
- Project Report completed after the gateway
Apprentice confirmed as competent by the Professional Body