Recheck of Marks
You may request a procedural review of your script only if your marks were 44 – 47 inclusive. However if your script(s) were sent for second moderation (we will inform you of this shortly after you have submitted your application form), you will not be eligible for a recheck of marks, regardless of the marks attained.
- You must apply in writing by email for a recheck within 21 working days from the date the results are released.
- This is not a remark of your script. It is a check of the processes in arriving at a result.
- In the highly unlikely event there has been an error in the process then the script may be reviewed.
- The fee for this service is £35 per paper, which is refundable in the highly unlikely event there is a material change to your result for that paper.
- Under no circumstances will the Institute enter into discussion, correspondence or provide a commentary on your performance or outcome of the recheck in any of the paper(s) which have been rechecked.
You may apply for a breakdown of the marks you received by question. The fee for this is £15 and there is no time restriction as to when you can apply for this.
How to Apply
Please download and complete the form, here, and email this to us at education [at] ciot.org.uk.
Once the form has been submitted:
- We will inform you if you are eligible for this service within 5 working days.
- If you are eligible, we will then ask for payment via BACS only.
- Once payment has been received, a recheck of marks/mark breakdown will take approximately 10 working days to complete and you will be notified of the results by email. A recheck of marks is not a remark.
The scripts remain the property of the Institute and we cannot return them or provide copies.