Recheck of Marks
Advanced Technical and Awareness
You may request a procedural review of your script only if your marks were 44 – 47 inclusive. However if your script(s) were sent for second moderation (we will inform you of this shortly after you have emailed the request), you will not be eligible for a recheck of marks, regardless of the marks attained. This is because, as part of the second moderation process, this review has already been undertaken.
Application and Professional Skills
Due to the competency based marking approach for this paper we do not offer a recheck service. It is, however, still possible to apply for a marks breakdown. This will enable you to see the marks awarded for each relevant topic for assessment achieved for each of Identification and Application, Relevant Advice and Substantiated Conclusions.
How to Apply
- You must apply in writing by emailing us at education [at] ciot.org.uk (subject: CTA%20Recheck%20Application) requesting a recheck within 21 working days from the date the results are released for that session.
- We will then inform you if you are eligible for a recheck.
- If you are, we will then request payment via BACS (£35 per paper).
- The recheck takes approximately 10 working days to complete and you will be notified of the results by email.
- This is not a remark of your script. It is a check of the processes in arriving at a result.
- In the highly unlikely event there has been an error in the process then the script may be reviewed.
- The fee for this service is £35 per paper, which is refundable in the highly unlikely event there is a material change to your result for that paper.
- Under no circumstances will the Institute enter into discussion, correspondence or provide a commentary on your performance or outcome of the recheck in any of the paper(s) which have been rechecked.
You may apply for a breakdown of the marks you received by question. The fee for this is £15 and there is no time restriction as to when you can apply for this.
Please download and complete the form and email this to us at education [at] ciot.org.uk (subject: CTA Marks Breakdown Application) .
A mark breakdown takes approximately 10 working days to complete and you will be notified of the results by email. A recheck of marks is not a remark.
The scripts remain the property of the Institute and we cannot return them or provide copies.