How do I apply for an exemption?
Log into your account, here, and click on Apply for an Exemption. When applying for an exemption(s), you will be asked to supply evidence to support your application. Examination transcripts and membership certificates can be used as evidence. The CIOT does not accept invoices, bank transfers, webpage screenshots or email correspodence for the purposes of exemptions.
How long do exemptions last?
Once awarded, exemptions do not expire.
How much do exemptions cost?
The exemption fees for 2019 are:
- Awareness - £160
- Advanced Technical - £160
- Computer Based Examination - £85
- You must apply for your exemption(s) before registering your final written paper.
- If applying for an Awareness exemption, this must be done before you can register for the Application and Professional Skills paper.
- If you have a current exemption for Application and Interaction, you would not be eligible to apply for an exemption from the Awareness paper.
The exemptions available to you are dependent on the qualfications that you hold. The full list of accepted qualifications is below.