The incoming president, Peter Rayney, has lined up Bob Trunchion and Ben Elliott (as well as himself) for an early evening technical tax conference.
We invite you to our Presidential handover ceremony and Virtual Tax Conference to raise funds for the Tax Charities!
15:30 - 15:35
15:35 - 16:05
Debt restructuring during Covid-19 recovery phase
Peter Rayney, Deputy President, CIOT
- Dealing with debt impairment
- Debt releases for distressed companies
- Intra-group debt waivers
- Structuring debt for equity swaps
16:05 - 16:35
Top Tips for Estate Planning in the aftermath of Covid
Bob Trunchion, Tax Partner, MHA MacIntyre Hudson
- Will Done? (have you redone your will recently and is it up to date)
- Will Right? (does it fit in with your pension planning and is it tax efficient)
- Estate recovery (don’t spend your decimated pension pot – allow it to recover)
- Team working (with other professionals to get the right result)
- Keep it simple (don’t forget to do the basics – efficient life time gifting etc, simple but effective wills)
- Watch the “Bear Traps” (don’t mess with BPR, APR etc.)
- In other words – get your client to die efficiently!
16:35 - 17:00
Presidential handover ceremony
17:00 - 17:05
17:05 - 17:35
Tax considerations for businesses during the Pandemic
Ben Elliott, Barrister, Pump Court Tax Chambers
- Tax treatment of redundancy and termination payments
- Loss relief
- Insolvency and recovery of tax debts
17:35 - 18:05
Succession planning for the owner manager
Peter Rayney, President, CIOT
- Succession planning options available for owner managers
- Using a company purchase of own shares (with multiple-completions)
- Planning a management buy-out
- Selling to an employee share ownership trust
18:05 - 18:30
Close of conference
Conference fee: £50.00
Tax Professionals kindly support TaxAid and Tax Help for Older People throughout the year but at the moment normal fund raisers are cancelled. Many vulnerable people are in even greater need of the Charities’ services during the COVID-19 pandemic and the charities are providing special services tailored to the specific needs at this time.
We are hosting this Virtual Conference to help Bridge their Funding Gap.
Please support these great charities and follow the registration instructions below.