Chairman: Stephen Relf
Vice-Chairman: Jonathan Stride
Technical Officer: Richard Wild
1. Purpose and Scope:
- The remit of the CIOT/ATT Working Together Sub-Committee covers:
- Systemic problems relating to HMRC systems and processes
- Resolving problems through the HMRC Issues Overview Group (IOG)
- Escalating key issues through the appropriate channels within HMRC
- Input on issues that affect the day to day working of members
- Identifying opportunities to work with HMRC to improve service to members and their clients
- Oversee local work within Working Together groups ensuring there is uniformity
The Working Together Sub-Committee includes volunteer representatives from CIOT and ATT. Volunteers can apply to join the sub-committee by completing the online form.
Members of the sub-committee can:
- Input to both public consultations and private submissions to influence tax changes
- Draft technical representations for the CIOT/ATT WT Technical sub-committee to consider submitting
- Volunteer to attend meetings on behalf of the CIOT/ATT
The committee chairman and vice-chairman are normally appointed for a period of two years (extendable).
The technical officer role is provided by CIOT/ATT.
- Meetings will usually take place quarterly, although this may be varied with the agreement of members
- All members will be given an opportunity to suggest agenda items and the final agenda and any supporting papers will be issued at least a week in advance of meetings
- The timing and length of meetings will be flexible, taking account of the agenda and of members’ views
- Draft record of meetings will be issued to members within five working days of each meeting
- The secretariat function will be provided by the WT technical officer
4. Annual Review:
These terms of reference will be reviewed annually to ensure that the purpose, scope and membership of the group remains appropriate.
See the full Terms of Reference and joining instructions for all CIOT Technical Sub-Committees http://www.tax.org.uk/tax-policy/remit-of-technical-committee
Minutes and Action Points from the WT Sub-Committee can be accessed here: