Please see below various updates from HMRC in respect of import/export issues:
NI Protocol goods with ‘at risk’ status – CHIEF manual overrides guidance
Due to the current temporary use of CHIEF for imports to NI, the pages below have been updated with the guidance on how to use manual override functionality in CHIEF to declare the EU tariff for goods “at risk” that are imported from RoW>NI.
SME Brexit fund for training or professional advice
The government has made £20 million available through the current SME Brexit Support Fund. Provided you meet certain eligibility criteria, HMRC may provide funding towards the costs of training and/or professional advice, to help you with changes to trade rules with the EU. Traders can apply for up to £2,000 in total through two types of grants:
1. Grant for Training: The grants can be used to provide training on the following:
- How to complete customs declarations
- How to manage customs processes and use customs software and systems
- Specific import and export related aspects including VAT, excise and rules of origin
2. Grant for Professional Advice: The grant can be used to get professional advice, so your business can meet its customs, excise, import VAT or safety and security declaration requirements.
Please visit grants available to find out more about each grant to find out which grants you can apply for.
We apologise but HMRC need to re-schedule the planned downtime for the Goods Vehicle Movement Service (GVMS) from the 21 March to 27 March 2021. This is to help ensure IT updates can be completed and to minimise the impact on your business.
The new downtime will be 23:59pm GMT on Saturday 27 March 2021 for 2 hours. If you have any questions relating to this message, please contact: gvmsscheduleddowntime [at] hmrc.gov.uk.