HMRC have asked us to draw attention to their following notice about forthcoming Talking Points meetings.
"HMRC's regular Talking Points provide ongoing information, guidance and tips to help you to understand tax issues.
We have more Talking Points webinars coming up. There are a limited number of spaces, so save your place now.
Making Tax Digital – your Agent Services Account
This webinar will provide an interactive, step-by-step guide to setting up your Agent Services Account.
Cryptoassets (also known as cryptocurrencies) and HMRC
Cryptoassets continue to evolve and remain in the public eye. Following the recent release of guidance, this webinar will consider the view of cryptoassets from an HMRC perspective and how tax rules apply.
Capital Allowances, Plant & Machinery
This webinar will give agents the step-by-step approach to applying Capital Allowances legislation to claims for Plant & Machinery Allowances.
Employers – what’s new for 2019-20?
This webinar will cover:
- the updates to rates, thresholds and tax codes
- expenses and benefits – fuel benefit charge for company cars, vans and fuel benefit
- the new rates for Statutory Payments
- National Living and National Minimum Wage rates
- other changes that may affect your business
- what you'll need to think about for April 2020.
Income from property for individual landlords – changes introduced by Finance Act 2, 2017
A comprehensive look at two measures introduced by Finance Act 2, 2017:
- the cash basis for property businesses. (From the 2017-18 tax year, the cash basis will be the default basis for most property businesses that are run by individuals)
- the property allowance tax exemption of up to £1,000 a year for individuals with income from land or property.
If you have any questions for our subject experts, please send them to team.agentengagement [at] hmrc.gsi.gov.uk prior to the webinars, including the title of the meeting in the ‘Subject’ line of your email.
These interactive webinars will be run on the ‘GoToWebinar’ platform. The organiser will run through how to ask questions on the day.
Feedback received from a recent Talking Points webinar indicates that many agents would recommend them to colleagues.
If you have missed any of our earlier Talking Points webinars, you can watch the recordings here."