This session focused on MTD for VAT, looking at recent developments and getting ready for mandation, including:
- Providing clarity around scope and timings
- The exemptions from MTD and how to apply
- Record keeping requirements and expected easements
- Practical elements around signing up for MTD including timing, the pilot and the Agent Services Account
- HMRC’s approach to penalties
The webinar took place on Thursday 21 February at 09:30 am to 11:00 am and featured:
- Adrian Rudd, Chair of the CIOT / ATT Digitalisation and Agent Strategy Working Group
- Rebecca Hutton, HMRC - Head of External Stakeholder Engagement on Making Tax Digital for Business
- Richard Wild, Head of Tax Technical Team, CIOT
A recording of the webinar can be accessed from Friday 22 February via the following link using Internet Explorer or Firefox browsers:
The corresponding slides are available to view here.
If you are having difficulties viewing the webinar, please email us at technical [at] ciot.org.uk. It will be available for viewing via LexisNexis for 12 months.
All our webinars count towards your CPD.