The next in our very successful series of webinars for CIOT & ATT members will look at Making Tax Digital.
This session will focus on MTD for VAT, looking at recent developments and getting ready for mandation, including:
- Providing clarity around scope and timings
- The exemptions from MTD and how to apply
- Record keeping requirements and expected easements
- Practical elements around signing up for MTD including timing, the pilot and the Agent Services Account
- HMRC’s approach to penalties
The webinar will be on Thursday 21 February at 09:30 am to 11:00 am and will feature:
- Adrian Rudd, Chair of the CIOT / ATT Digitalisation and Agent Strategy Working Group
- Rebecca Hutton, HMRC - Head of External Stakeholder Engagement on Making Tax Digital for Business
- Richard Wild, Head of Tax Technical Team, CIOT
There will be plenty of opportunity for you to pose questions to the speakers using the webinar system.
Questions in advance - if you know you’re not going to be able to watch the webinar live, or even if you are but want to be sure your question gets considered, do send us your query to technical [at] tax.org.uk by Monday 18 February.
The webinar can be accessed using the following link using Internet Explorer or Firefox browsers:
Please check your access by clicking the link or copying and pasting it into your browser. You should see a holding slide and hear some background music. If you haven’t watched one of our webinars before, do check the links and make sure your system works beforehand. There is no need to register – just participate on the day.
If you are having difficulties viewing the webinar page, please email us at technical [at] ciot.org.uk.
If you are unable to view the webinar live, it will be available for viewing on the LexisNexis site for 12 months.
All our webinars count towards your CPD.