Government asks businesses to take the following 3 actions now – December 2018

By Technical Team on 12 Dec 2018

  1. Register for a UK Economic Operator Registration and Identification (EORI) number at
  2. Decide if you want to hire an agent to make import and/or export declarations for you or if you want to make these declarations yourself (by buying software that interacts with HMRC’s systems).
  3. Contact the organisation that moves your goods (for example, a haulage firm) to find out if you will need to supply additional information to them so that they can make the safety and security declarations for your goods, or whether you will need to submit these declarations yourself.

Further details are contained in this letter and glossary of terms from HMRC.

Technical Team

Posted in: Technical News