Chair: Lakshmi Narain
Vice Chair: Ritchie Tout
Technical Officer: Kate Willis - kwillis [at] ciot.org.uk
The remit of the Welsh Technical committee covers all aspects of Welsh taxation and taxes devolved to Wales under the Wales Acts of 2017 and 2014 and the Government of Wales Act 2006, including:
- fully devolved (and future devolved) taxes;
- partially devolved taxes
- local taxes (including new Welsh taxes)
- the management and administration of the taxation system in Wales;
- compliance and powers of tax authorities insofar as they affect taxes devolved to Wales;
- dispute resolution, litigation and the Welsh Revenue Authority’s Charter;
- the approach to taxation in Wales;
- respecting the equality of the Welsh and English languages in Wales.
Please indicate where you have particular expertise and add any relevant comments. This is useful to know when we are asked for quick comments on a particular issue. Generally papers are sent to all members.