Clive Beer, Emma Chamberlain, Alan Kennedy and Michael Thomas
Invite you to a virtual conference, in support of the two tax charities, TaxAid and Tax Help for Older People
Tax professionals kindly support the Tax Charities’ Bridge the Gap appeal throughout the year, but at the moment all other fund raisers are cancelled.
Many vulnerable taxpayers are in even greater need of the Charities’ services during and after the COVID-19 pandemic and the charities are providing special services tailored to the specific needs at this time.
We are hosting this Virtual Conference to help Bridge their funding Gap!
15.30 - 15.35
Introduction, Michael Thomas (Barrister, Pump Court Tax Chambers)
15.35 - 16.05
The DR Loan Charge – Where are we now?, Alan Kennedy (Managing Director, Trident Tax Limited)
- The restricted scope of the loan charge
- Repayment in voluntary restitution cases
- Tax reporting and payment issues
- Miscellaneous related issues (underlying liabilities, transfer of liabilities)
16.05 - 16.35
IHT Update – Problems and Opportunities for businesses, Emma Chamberlain OBE (Barrister, Pump Court Tax Chambers)
- Recent case law
- BPR issues – where are we now?
- Future changes in Capital Taxes
16.35 - 16.50
16.50 - 17.00
17.00 - 17.30
Tax Valuation & HMRC & The District Valuer, Clive Beer (Head of Professional Services, Rural, Savills UK)
- Red book valuations for tax purposes
- Dealing with contentious legal points relating to a valuer
- Alternative Dispute Resolution
- The issue of independent opinions for the taxpayer or HMRC
- Tax or Land Tribunals as the backdrop to valuations and discussions with HMRC
17.30 - 18.00
Recent developments in property tax, Michael Thomas (Barrister, Pump Court Tax Chambers)
- Tax issues when land is sold for development
- Recent developments in SDLT: case update, de-enveloping in light of s75A
- Property tax litigation
18.00 - 18.15
Questions and Closing Remarks
Conference fee: £50.00
Please support these great charities and follow the registration instructions below!
See you on 22nd September!