ADIT offers a number of advantages to international tax professionals, regardless of age, location or sector.
Listed below are just some of the benefits available to ADIT students, graduates and International Tax Affiliates. If you would like to speak to a member of the Education Team about how ADIT can help you in your international tax career, you can contact us here.
Benefits of registering as a student
- A five year student registration period, in which to complete your ADIT exams and achieve the qualification
- Reduction on CCH and Tolley books on the recommended reading list (available for each ADIT paper via the Syllabus)
- 20% discount on IBFD ADIT courses
- Attend CIOT Branch events and conferences
- Satisfy CPD requirements of other professional qualifications, where applicable
- Opportunity to join the ADIT professional group on LinkedIn
- Winning prizes and medals for the highest marks in each exam session
- Paper 1: the Heather Self Medal
- Paper 2 (United Kingdom option): the Raymond Kelly Medal
- Paper 2 (Other options): the International Fiscal Association (IFA) Prize
- Paper 3 (Transfer Pricing option): the Croner-i Prize
- Paper 3 (Other options): the Worshipful Company of Tax Advisers Medal
- Extended Essay option: the John Avery Jones Medal
Benefits of being a graduate
- Being entitled to put the ADIT designatory letters after your name
- An independent means of demonstrating international tax expertise, and a global benchmark of quality and achievement
- Holding a portable qualification across borders and industries
- Demonstrate your expertise in multiple tax jurisdictions or topics and in a range of taxation systems
- Having the option to become an International Tax Affiliate of the Chartered Institute of Taxation
- Additional CIOT credit: As an ADIT holder, you will be eligible to register onto the CIOT's Chartered Tax Adviser (CTA) qualification and, if you passed the ADIT Paper 2.09 United Kingdom option, you will be awarded a credit (on application) for the CTA Taxation of Major Corporates Advisory paper. The credit validity period will start from the next CTA examination sitting after the ADIT UK examination was passed and it will be subject to the seven sitting rule.
Benefits of becoming an International Tax Affiliate
- The status attaching to formal affiliation with the the CIOT, the premier professional body in the UK concerned solely with taxation
- The right to describe oneself as an International Tax Affiliate of The Chartered Institute of Taxation
- Access to Tax Adviser, the CIOT's monthly online journal and website, which includes technical articles, current tax notes, digests of tax cases and news from the CIOT
- A framework of ethical standards and practice guidelines
- CPD opportunities and access to a range of tax events
- Participation in the technical and social activities organised by UK and international branches
- Use of the CIOT's Tony Arnold Library at King's College, London.