We are committed to promoting education in tax around the world, not just in the UK.
Awarded by the Worshipful Company of Tax Advisers (WCTA), a bursary is available to people from the most disadvantaged backgrounds who are not able to meet the financial cost of the ADIT qualification.
Are you eligible?
The WCTA bursary is awarded annually to the most deserving applicant. You can apply for the bursary if you meet all of the following criteria:
- A permanent resident, studying outside the UK, Channel Islands and the Isle of Man.
- Some professional or academic background in a relevant discipline.
- A genuine need for financial assistance in your ADIT studies, for example:
- General financial hardship resulting in a lack of affordable means to pay for your studies
- Suffering from a health condition that increases your living costs or prevents you from working full-time
- Caring for a relative
- An emergency situation affecting your ability to pay for the remainder of your fees, such as loss of job or unexpected medical bills
This list is not intended to be exhaustive, and other circumstances may be considered.
How students benefit
The successful applicant will be awarded £1,500 over the course of one year to cover costs necessary for studying for the ADIT qualification.
The bursary covers:
- Student registration fee
- Exam entry fees
- Tuition fees
- Books and other relevant materials
For more guidance and how to apply
How to apply
If you meet the eligibility criteria, the next step is to submit your application.
You need to:
- Complete the application form
- Write an explanation of why you deserve the bursary, including:
- A general explanation of your financial position
- How the bursary will make a positive contribution to your career
- How you intend to use the ADIT qualification to benefit wider society
For more information, you can read the WCTA bursary rules.
Applications for 2022 must be submitted by 31 October 2021.
What happens next?
- Acknowledging your application
You will be sent an email acknowledging your application after it has been received. If your application is not eligible because you did not meet the criteria listed, you will also be notified.
- Selection process
Eligible applications will be reviewed by the relevant Committee, after the closing date has passed.
- Successful applicants
Applicants will be notified via email within three months of the closing date whether their application was successful or not.
About the WCTA
The Worshipful Company of Tax Advisers (WCTA) is a City of London Livery Company whose objects are primarily to advance the standing and profession of tax advisers but also include the promotion of tax education.