Improving the operation of PAYE: Collecting Real Time Information (RTI) - CIOT comments
The CIOT comments, sent to HMRC on 10 January 2012, on this technical note which presents draft amendments to regulations relating to PAYE, National Insurance contributions (NICs) and the Construction Industry Scheme (CIS) in readiness for the introduction of RTI.
The changes proposed include:
- Employers joining RTI (Mandation from October 2013);
- Submitting data to HMRC when payments are made to employees (Required each time employees paid);
- Joiners and leavers;
- End of the tax year (P14 & P35 required only if HMRC ask); and
- Enforcement and penalties (late filing penalties, etc).
Other changes (not related to RTI) proposed are:
- Closure of the Simplified PAYE Deductions Scheme for personal employees; and
- Reporting requirements relating to End of Year certificates.
10 January 2012