CFE September 2011: Meeting Reports
The General Assembly of the Confédération Fiscale Européenne (CFE) was held in Malta on 29 September 2011, along with meetings of the CFE’s Fiscal Committee and Professional Affairs Committee. Summaries of each meeting can be found in the attached report, along with the 2012 CFE schedule.
The CIOT was represented by Anthony Thomas, John Dewhurst, Rupert Shiers, Jeremy Woolf, Peter Fanning and Heather Brehcist.
The main items discussed were:
- Recognition of professional qualifications and barriers to trade;
- Common Consolidated Corporate Tax Base (CCCTB);
- Finance Sector Taxes;
- VAT Green Paper and other VAT issues;
- Consumer Rights Directive;
- Taxpayer Charter;
- Professional Affairs Committee conference;
- Membership/refounding of the CFE; and
- Future meetings.
19 October 2011