You would be eligible for the Direct Taxation route if you have completed any of the following qualifications:
• The Association of Taxation Technicians (four required certificate papers)
• The Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales
• The Institute of Chartered Accountants in Ireland
• The Association of Chartered Certified Accountants
• The Association of International Accountants
• The Chartered Institute of Management Accountants
• The Institute of Chartered Secretaries and Administrators
• The Association of Corporate Treasurers
• The Chartered Institute of Public Finance and Accountancy
• The Institute of Chartered Accountants of Scotland
• The Institute of Indirect Taxation
• The Irish Taxation Institute
• Inland Revenue FT2 or CPT examination, or successful completion of HM Revenue & Customs IDP or ITS2
• HM Revenue & Customs VAT Legal and Technical Training examination.
If you are a Solicitor or Barrister or Advocate in the UK or Republic of Ireland.
If you have had three years’ relevant VAT experience in the employment of HM Revenue & Customs (other VAT specialist experience may be taken into consideration at the sole discretion of Council). You should contact the Education Team to discuss this before applying.
If you have completed a BA (Hons) Accounting and 5. Taxation, LLB (Hons) Business and Revenue Law, LLB (Hons) Law with Taxation or LLB (Hons) Revenue Law from Bournemouth University. If you have passed the BCL/MJur from the University of Oxford having taken two of the following three courses:
1. Dissertation on a tax topic
2. Personal Taxation
3. Corporate and Business Taxation
If you have completed the previous Intercollegiate LLM (Tax) from the University of London or the LLM (Tax) from Queen Mary or Kings (both University of London).
If you have passed the MA in Taxation at the Institute of Advanced Legal Studies, School of Advanced Studies, London University.
If you have completed the CIOT’s Advanced Diploma in International Taxation (ADIT).
If you have completed The Chartered Insurance Institute’s Advanced Diploma in Financial Planning.
If you are engaged under a training contract with an employer and are following that employer’s tax training programme which has been approved for this purpose by The Chartered Institute of Taxation. As a minimum this will require preparatory training and examinations in UK taxation, accounting and law of a standard at least comparable to the examinations of the Association of Taxation Technicians.
If you hold a qualification from a body which the Council of the Institute recognises as being a similar body (to the CIOT) in the European Community, the European Economic Area or Switzerland you will be considered for Confirmation of Eligibility and partial credit, at Council’s discretion. Please contact the CIOT for a separate application form.
If you want to Register as a Student click here