The Chartered Institute of Taxation signs global partnership agreement with ACCA The Chartered Institute of Taxation (CIOT) and ACCA (the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants) signed a global partnership agreement today to enable ACCA’s 110,000 members worldwide to take the CIOT’s prestigious Advanced Diploma in International Taxation (ADIT).
Allen Blewitt, ACCA Chief Executive said: “The Advanced Diploma in International Taxation demonstrates a very high level of competence and knowledge in this complex area, and on successful completion, ACCA members will be able to prove their expertise in international tax. This joint agreement is an opportunity for ACCA to provide its members with further specialist qualifications from one of the world's most respected professional bodies. It represents an excellent enhancement of the international focus of the ACCA qualification.”
The Diploma is particularly relevant to qualified accountants with a tax background who are looking to specialise further in international taxation.
Robert Ellerby, Chairman of the CIOT’s Education Committee, says: “We are delighted with this agreement. It will raise the profile of the Diploma to a worldwide network of tax specialists through the ACCA’s strong membership network. ADIT is a unique and flexible qualification and its reputation is growing fast.”
• Holders of the Diploma are entitled to use the designatory letters ‘ADIT’ after their name and, on payment of an annual fee, to describe themselves as ‘International Tax Affiliates of The Chartered Institute of Taxation’
• It is offered exclusively through The Chartered Institute of Taxation
• To gain the Diploma, candidates need to be able to demonstrate:
- knowledge of the principles of international taxation
- in-depth knowledge of international tax issues for their primary jurisdiction;
- an awareness of basic tax issues, particularly in relation to international tax, in at least one secondary jurisdiction.