View the latest news from the Institute
The Chartered Institute of Taxation aims to achieve a better, more efficient, tax system for all affected by it – taxpayers, their advisers and the tax authorities. The CIOT also seeks to increase public understanding of tax matters. The CIOT’s comments and recommendations on tax issues draw on its members’ extensive experience in pursuit of these two objectives.
Contact for media comment: George Crozier, CIOT External Relations Manager (email@example.com or 020 7340 0569)
- New VAT cross-border ruling system good for business and customers The Chartered Institute of Taxation (CIOT) has welcomed the piloting of a new EU mechanism for dealing with international VAT disputes which should lead to fewer disputes needing to be taken through expensive and time-consuming court proceedings. 18 June 2013
- CIOT comment on Public Accounts Committee report The Chartered Institute of Taxation (CIOT) has responded to today’s report from the House of Commons Public Accounts Committee (PAC). 13 June 2013
- Tax advisers welcome extension of RTI relaxation for small employers The Chartered Institute of Taxation (CIOT) has welcomed the announcement today by HMRC, that it is extending the relaxation of Real Time Information (RTI) PAYE reporting requirements for small employers for a further six months (1). 12 June 2013
- Enquiry Centre closures must not disadvantage vulnerable taxpayers Responding to a consultation on the pilot closure of HMRC Enquiry Centres in the North East1, the Low Incomes Tax Reform Group (LITRG) are urging HMRC to cater for taxpayers’ and tax credits claimants’ individual needs, focusing on service delivery and not cost cutting. 29 May 2013
- Tax professionals welcome proposal for European Taxpayer Code The Chartered Institute of Taxation (CIOT) has given its backing to plans for a European Taxpayer Code to set out common tax principles and taxpayer rights and obligations, which EU member states would be encouraged to adopt. However the CIOT has reservations with the proposals for an EU-wide system of identification numbers for taxpayers. 28 May 2013